Saturday 24 January 2015

An awesome new gift idea!!

I can't tell you how many times I have had to go shopping for someone's birthday and I have struggled to come up with a good gift to give them. I am not the type of person who will just pick up anything. I want it to be special, to stand out, and mean something to the person! Which is why recently when it was my daughter's birthday I was very amazed when she got this gift from our family friends. BTW....I am SO stealing this idea!

My daughter is an animal LOVER! She loves all types but animals but her favorite is the wolf. She's always asking what she can do to save and help animals. We looked at Earth Rangers but it wasn't for us. She's raised money for the Wolf reserve in Haliburton last summer. She became a member and they let her look at the wolves for free but it was lacking a certain something. 

But for her birthday she got an awesome World Wildlife gift. She got a beautiful wolf stuffy. But that's not all! With that she got a certificate that let her know she symbolically adopted a grey wolf!! I can't even tell you how excited my daughter was. She got an information booklet with a poster to tell her about her animal and how she is helping to save the wolf. It also came in an awesome reusable bag. She carries "Fang" around everywhere and has told all of her classmates, family, and friends that she adopted a wolf. Not only that but you can adopt all different kinds of animals. From sharks to polar bears, eagles to owls, and honestly, I would rather my money go to a place where it's going to make a difference. 

She is now eager to adopt a hippo. She's saving her own money and it gives her a new stuffy as well as the pride of helping save animals. Her certificate is framed and mounted on her bedroom wall. For her it's a perfect gift!! I highly recommend it if you know an animal lover. 


You can visit their website here and adopt your own animal:  http://www.wwf.ca/

Thanks again Grant-Roberts family!




2 comments:

  1. Cameron has adopted an otter, a butterfly and a frog - his Aunt gifts a new animal every Christmas! Great gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cameron has adopted an otter, a butterfly and a frog - his Aunt gifts a new animal every Christmas! Great gift!!

    ReplyDelete