Friday 31 October 2014

Halloween- Wolffinson Style


Halloween is HUGE in our house! For me it's always been my favourite time of year. I love dressing up and decorating the house and it's something we're passing on to our daughter. There's a fairly simple outline we follow to have a successful Halloween and it goes as follows:


Oct 1st- DECORATE
This is so important to us. We have bags of decorations we've collected through the years. It gets the family together, it builds excitement and it lets the neighbourhood know we mean business!


COSTUMES
It's a rule. We all dress up on Halloween. No exceptions. Be creative. No repeats allowed.


HALLOWEEN MOVIES
Ok I admit. I'm a big wimp. I actually don't watch scary movies anymore. Not after The Ring and House of 1000 Corpses. Those did some damage to me. BUT a tradition in our house every year is watching It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. Which sadly, still gives me the heebie-jeebies.  


OCT 31st DINNER...
..always consists of.....hotdogs! Since I was little every single year on Oct 31st I have had hotdogs. It's quick, it's easy. it gives you more time to dress and do makeup.


TRICK OR TREAT
Rain or shine. Trick or treat until all the house lights are off. Don't come home until you have at least 2 bags of candy.


After that it's pretty much standard candy eating and sneaking into Cooper's Halloween stash until it's all gone. Usually lasts til mid November. =)


Do you have any Halloween traditions in your house?



2 comments: